ServiceWorks! is a collaboration between the Volunteer Center of North Texas and the City of Dallas. The goal of the program is to increase capacity for municipalities while providing an opportunity for civic engagement. The program has recruited and placed qualified volunteers in a number of city departments and provided training and support materials to volunteer coordinators throughout the City of Dallas.
- Leverage community resources
- Make effective use of tax dollars
- Provide additional expertise to city departments
- Introduce citizens to city services and operations
- Enable volunteers to contribute to the city’s development
- Involve corporate volunteers and service organizations in the city
There are many benefits to volunteering through ServiceWorks! Both, individual and group opportunities are available. Through this program volunteers are able to:
- Network with others
- Increase employability
- Develop professional skills
- Make a difference in the community
- Gain knowledge about their work environment
- Learn, first-hand, how local governments work
Type of Volunteer Positions Available
ServiceWorks! is a great program for everyone in the community. Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom seeking opportunities to serve, a college student searching for service learning opportunities, or a retired business person who’s looking to continue using your professional skills, ServiceWorks! has an opportunity for you.
Past volunteer opportunities include:
- Clerical Duties
- Database Management
- Emergency Response Support
- Financial Support Services
- Graffiti Removal
- Interpretation Services
- Marketing/Advertising Projects
- Minor Home Repair/Revitalization
- Research Support
- Retail Support
- Shelving Books
- Special Event Support
Click HERE to search for a ServiceWorks! volunteer opportunity within the City of Dallas.
For more information on the ServiceWorks! program, email email@example.com or
call 214-826-6767 x 213.